Introduction: Boho Dreamcatcher Decor
This is a very cheap and easy DIY dreamcatcher that you can make to decorate and add some boho to your dorm
HOW TO MAKE A DREAMCATCHER
WHAT YOU NEED:
Single crochet: push hook through work or chain, grab yarn and pull through grab yarn again pull through both loops.
Double crochet: Yarn over hook, push hook through work or chain grab yarn and pull through. Grab yarn again and pull three loops, grab yarn again pull through last two loops
Triple crochet: Yarn over hook two time, push hook through work or chain, grab yarn and pull through grab yarn again and pull through two loops grab yarn again and pull through two hoops, grab yarn again and pull through last two loops.
Slip knot: push hook through chain grab yarn then pull through the work and chain on hook
1. Make a slip knot onto the crochet hook and then a single crochet onto the dreamcatcher hoop. Then single crochet around the entire hoop until you get back to the start. Do a slip knot into the first single crochet you did at the beginning. Snip the yarn and use both tails to tie a knot.
2. Get your crochet hook and make a slip knot again, then chain six (for a small hoop around 16cms wide). Then place your hook in the first chain you created and make a slip knot to form a circle.
3. Chain two and that will be the first double crochet. Complete another 11 double crochet and when you reach the end you should have a total of 12 double crochet stitches. Do a slip knot into the first double crochet to end the row.
4. Chain three and then in the top of each double crochet chain you are going to do another double crochet and then chain two. Once you reach the end do a slip knot into the top of the first chain.
5. In the first opening do a slip knot and then chain three and then complete five triple crochet clusters. So to do this Yarn over twice and insert hook around the post of the next stitch (from back to front). Yarn over and pull up a loop. (Yarn over and pull through 2 loops) twice. There should now be one loop of this treble left on your hook. *Repeat from * to * 3 more times. There should now be 5 loops on your hook. Yarn over and pull through all 5 loops. For subsequent 5 triple crochet clusters *Yarn over twice and insert hook around the post of the next stitch (from back to front). Yarn over and pull up a loop. (Yarn over and pull through 2 loops) twice. There should now be one loop of this treble left on your hook.* Repeat from * to * 4 more times. There should now be 6 loops on your hook. Yarn over and pull through all 6 loops. Then chain two. Then repeat the process all the way around chaining two after each cluster. Chain two and then do a slip knot into the top of the first chain.
6. Chain four and then do three double crochets into the gap between the clusters. Chain three again then do a slip knot into the final cluster chain before the gap. Chain three and the repeat the three double crochets into the next gap. Chain three and repeat process all around until you get back to the beginning. Do a slip knot into the first chain created for this round.
7. Chain seven and then do a single crochet into the first loop. Chain another seven and single crochet into the next loop and continue this pattern all the way around. Once you reach the end do a slip knot into the base of the first chain
8. (depending how your hoop is you can continue step seven until it fits inside the dreamcatcher hoop)
9. Cut the yarn and make a knot and now the middle design of the dreamcatcher is complete. To attach cut off a length of yarn however big you think you will need and loop through the design loop and tie to the dreamcatcher hoop. Go through all the loops slipping the yarn through and over the hoop attaching it all together. Once you come back to where you started tie a knot and cut of the ends.
10. For the bottom you can grab a variety of yarns or ribbons and cut to the length you desire. Fold pieces in half to make a loop and loop onto the bottom of your dreamcatcher. If you are using yarn you can braid some strands to add more to the design.
11. Finally cut a small piece of yarn and tie onto the top of the dreamcatcher so you can hang it somewhere
Now hang up and enjoy this cheap and easy boho décor.
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Participated in the
Epilog Contest 8