With flowers made from an old book.
Step 1: Gather Your Supplies
* An old book
* Polystyrene sphere (mine is 4 inches)
* Scalloped circle paper punch (I have used Creative Memories)
* Craft Glue
* Chalking Ink (I have used 'Ash Rose' and 'Gingerbread' for a vintage look)
* A length of Dowel Rod (for stem)
* Ribbon and lace for embellishing
Step 2: Make Your Flowers
Each flower is made up of 7 punched scalloped circles. Each scalloped circle has been inked with chalking ink before being stacked together and joined with a brad in the centre.
Take each layer and scrunch upwards. The scrunchier, the better.
Step 3: Time to Assemble
Insert the dowel rod into the base of the polystyrene sphere. Remove the rod from the base and fill hole with craft glue. Replace the rod again and allow the glue to dry.
Glue the flowers onto the sphere closely together. You can use sewing pins to hold the flowers in place while the glue dries and then remove them once the glue has dried.
I have used between 50 to 60 flowers altogether. (Each flower has the 7 layers)
Step 4: Embellish
I have tied a bow with ribbon and lace around the stem. The topiary is being displayed in porcelain dish filled with florists foam and moss.