Introduction: Brandied Orange Rabbit
Awesome Hungarian rabbit dinner for when you have guests for a wine party ;-)
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Ingredients and Method
- 4 pounds rabbit pieces (or you can use 1 whole rabbit of 1 1/5 kg)
- 1/2 cup brandy
- 1/2 cup frozen orange juice concentrate (or you can use frozen orange punch concentrate)
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups mushrooms, sliced (or about 2 boxes of mushrooms)
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch dissolved in 1/2 cup orange juice (you can use the left over of the orange punch concentrate)
- 2-3 cloves garlic, crushed
- curry powder, to taste (either store bought or homemade, is fine)
- salt and pepper (or about 1 tsp salt and 2 tsp ground black pepper)
- 4 carrots, julienne
- Marinate rabbit in brandy and orange juice concentrate overnight.
- Arrange rabbit in baking dish reserving marinade.
- In a skillet, melt butter and saute mushrooms until barely tender.
- Add reserved marinade, garlic, curry, salt and pepper. Thicken with cornstarch/orange juice mixture and pour over rabbit.
- Bake, uncovered, at 325F for 1 hour.
- Add carrots and bake 1 hour longer.
- YUMMO! :)
Participated in the
Slow Food Contest