Gulab jamuns are normally prepared using milk powder.But you can prepare instant and tasty gulab jamuns with bread.
- Three bread slices(wheat bread or white bread)
- Half cup water
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup milk
- Cooking oil
Step 1: Remove the Crust of Bread Slices
First take bread slices and remove the crust for all slices
Step 2: Dip Bread in Milk and Squeeze It
Just take 1/3 cup milk in flat bowl , dip bread slice in it on both sides and squeeze out the excess milk.
Step 3: Transfer Squeezed Bread to Blender
Now take squeezed bread in blender and blend just for a second.
Step 4: Gather Dough Together and Make Balls
- Now dont knead the blended bread.Just gather the dough and make small balls without applying much pressure.
( Gulabjamuns will turn hard if you apply too much pressure)
Step 5: Making Sugar Syrup
- Take about half cup water in vessel and add 1/4 cup sugar to it and bring to boil. Sugar syrup should attain one string consistency that is if you touch sugar syrup between thumb and index finger it should be sticky.
Step 6: Frying Gulab Jamuns
Heat oil in wok . When oil is heated add prepared balls and fry them on low flame till they turn brown color. If you fry them on high flame they will turn brown faster and inside portion will be uncooked
Step 7: Transfer Gulab Jamuns to Sugar Syrup
- Once they are fried transfer them to sugar syrup.Sugar syrup should be warm and not too hot or cold.
- Soak bread gulabjamuns in sugar syrup for one to 2 hours.You can see in images size of jamuns as increased after soaking
Step 8: Serve
Serve bread gulab jamuns as it is or topped with vanilla icecream.