This project uses everyday materials to make a breakaway bunny hop cross bar. It has plastic vertical supports that fold over if you hit them and a horizontal bar that falls off if you hit it.
Step 1: Materials
Gather the following materials:
- qty 1 - 4 foot pvc pipe 1 inch diameter
- qty 2 - 3 foot pvc pipe 1 inch diameter
- qty 2 - 3/4 plywood 16 inch x 16 inch
- qty 2 - 3/8 inch pipe flange
- qty 2 - 3/8 in x 3 inch pipe nipple
- qty 2 - 6 inch rubber tube
- qty 2 - spring clamps
- qty 8 - number 10 x 3/4 inch screws
Step 2: Assemble Bases
1) Screw pipe flange to the center of each board
2) Install pipe nipple into flange
3) Press hose onto pipe nipple
4) Slide 3 foot pvc pipe over hose
This will create a breakaway pole to prevent injury.
Step 3: Install Crossbar
1) Use spring clamps to set the desired height of cross bar
2) Place 4 foot pvc on clamps (on the backside so it will fall off if you hit it)
Step 4: Jump It!
Practice bunny hopping and keep increasing the height