In this instructable I will show you how you can make egg quesadillas in 2 ways. I eat these quesadillas at breakfast, but you can also eat them as brunch, lunch or snack.
These quesadillas are easy to make. You only need some corn wheat tortillas, eggs, milk, bell pepper, onion and chicken filet slices
One way I make the quesadillas is with scrambled eggs and the other way is with a plain fried egg and chicken filet slices instead of bacon to keep it nice and lean. You can make it in about 5 minutes each so, with two pans you can have them on the table in a flash
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Watch the One Minute Video
Want to see how to make the egg quesadillas in 2 ways? Watch the 1-minute food inspiration video.
Step 2: What Do You Need to Make This Recipe
For making both versions you need:
- 2 tortillas
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup of milk
- ½ onion
- ½ bell pepper
- 2 slices of chicken filet
- salt and pepper to taste
Step 3: Instructions
- Whisk 1 egg and add the milk set aside.
- Heat a skillet and brown the bell pepper and the onion.
- Scramble the egg mixture through the bell pepper and onion. Do not leave it in the pan to long.
- Take a tortilla and put in the skillet on medium heat. Add the egg mixture and fold the tortilla.
- Leave in the skillet for about half a minute. Turn and warm the other side and take out of the skillet. Half the tortilla and serve.
Fried egg option:
- Pan fry an egg and leave the yolk runny and take out of the pan.
- Put tortilla in the skillet and add 2 slices of chicken filet on the tortilla. Add the fried egg and fold the tortilla.
- Let it warm for about half to 1 minute before turning and warming the other side.
- Take out of the pan, slice in half and serve.
Step 4: Notes
I hope you enjoy this recipe! If you tried out this recipe or have some suggestions then let me know via the comments.
More information and a printable recipe can be found on The Tortilla Channel.