Intro: Brewing Bilimbi
The reason I made this was to treat whooping cough.
Other medicinal benefits in Bilimbi
- The leaves of bilimbi are used as a treatment for venereal disease.
- The leaf decoction is taken as a medicine to relieve from rectal inflammation.
- The fruit seems to be effective against coughs and thrush.
- It fights against cholestrol and is used as a tonic and laxative.
- The fruit is also known to control internal bleeding in the stomach.
- The leaves serve as a paste on itches, swelling, mumps or skin eruptions.
- Syrup made from Bilimbi is a cure for fever and inflammation. It is also used to stop rectal bleeding and alleviate internal hemorrhoids.
Flowers for treating cough, mouth sores (stomatitis). Bilimbi fruit is often used to treat whooping cough, treat ulcers, prevent diabetes and eliminate acne.
Step 1: The Ingredients
I plant a Bilimbi tree next to my house. It bears fruits year round. Beside using it as an ingredient in a recipe, I also use it as a herbal remedy.
- One Bilimbi fruit
- A few of Bilimbi's flower buds
- A glass of lukewarm water
- Kitchen knife
- Cutting board
Step 2: The Process
- Firstly, I cut in half the Bilimbi fruit (you can cut it in anyway you like).
- Then, I put it in a glass of lukewarm water.
- Next, I add the Bilimbi's flower (you can put a couple of the flowers).
Step 3: The Brewing
- I let the concoction brewing for a least 6 hours in room temperature or in the refrigerator.
- The remedy tastes a bit sour (you can add honey to sweeten it).
- I hope this recipe solve your coughing problem.
Please don't forget to vote for me.