After a visit from the cable repair guys i noticed water bubbling up when the sprinkler. I ran the water on the circuit to blow out the area. Then let it dry a bit and started to clear the hole to see what i was dealing with.
I was a bit surprised to find a 2nd line under the broken one. Not sure what that is for. Also found the ATT.cable to the house.
I'd done this before, but last time i pulled up 4 ft+ of line to be able to get the ends to connect. This time i found the extending fitting that allows you to use a smaller hole to fix this.
This is my first, be kind.
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Need Some Tools
That is a 1" expandable fitting with a collar on it to rejoin.
And my Ryobi 'sawz-all', pretty handy.
For anyone that hasn't done this before, its a 2 stage application.
You wipe the purple to prime the surface of all contact areas.
Get a screwdriver, you'll need it to get the dirt plugs out of the ends of the pipes. At least 6" shank on it.
Step 2: Mistakes and New Parts.
This is the part i look foolish. I didn't have a clue when i bought the parts of what size this thing was. HDepot had 2 kinds. 1" or 3/4. I bought 1". Its not the right size. Of course i find out after I'm getting ready for next steps and purple it.
Had to put up the tools, find my keys and off i go.
Found the right parts. And back we go again to suffer in the early summer.
Step 3: Repair and Test
Pretty straightforward here.
Purple all contact points.
Double check your sizes.
I chose the side that had the most flex to hook in the smaller coupling. That way i could bend it a bit easier than grabbing the short end.
Glue the ends in first. Then expand the middle and twist into small coupling. Make sure you have a good contact area.
Step 4: Mission Complete
Turn it on.
Lets see what else is leaking.