This is a guide on how to make a nice, sturdy chair for Brophy. Enjoy!!!
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Materials
Large 1 inch thick wood (2)
3x1-1/2 inch wood
Box of 1-1/2 inch wood screws
Box of 3 inch wood screws
Power tool (2)
Screw driver bit
Step 2: Construction
1. Measure out the seat to 18x20 inches and cut it out using the jigsaw
2. Measure out the back to 18x24 inches and cut it out using the jigsaw
3. Cut the 3x1-1/2 inch wood in half lengthwise and then make 2 planks 48 inches tall and 2 planks 20 inches tall, these will be the legs of the chair
4. Cut out 4 planks that are 2x15 inches for front and back supports on the legs
5. Cut out 4 planks that are 2x17 inches for the side supports on the legs
6. Cut out 2 42x10x43.5 right triangles for the sides for decoration, if you don't want extra decoration skip this
7. Cut out 2 20x5x21 right triangles for the sides for decoration, if you don't want extra decoration skip this
8. (Optional Step but advisable that you do) Use the sandpaper and wood scraper to smooth out the wood
9. Using the 1-1/2 and 3 inch screws put all the parts together (the taller legs will be the back legs in case anyone was confused why the front legs would be as tall as the back of the chair)
10. After you build the chair, paint it white and red to your heart's desire
11. Use the Brophy shirt and foam cushion and using some sewing supplies sew the Brophy shirt onto the cushion so that way you have a more comfortable and awesome looking seat
12. Congratulations!!! You just finished making a spectacular Brophy chair!!!
Step 3: Finished Product
Looks awesome doesn't it?