Are you interested in Chinese cuisine? Do you want to try something different for your breakfast? Brown Sugar Steamed Buns will be a good choice！Brown sugar is rich in nutrition and high nutrient absorption rate.
In this instructable, I will show you how to make brown sugar steamed buns. The steps are easy and the buns are wonderfully delicious!
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Prepare Ingredients and Tools
For this recipe, you will need:
Ingredients(A digital food scale can help you get the exact weight):
- Flour: 300g
- Brown Sugar: 50g
- Baking Powder: 5g
- Steam Cooker/ Pot
- Cutting Board
Step 2: Mix the Ingredients
- Boil the water with the stemer cooker/ pot, take the water out, and wait the water cool down until it's at room temperature.
- Mix the baking powder and brown sugar with the water, and stir until it is dissolved. (There might be some bubbles on the surface.)
- Pour the flour into a pot, and add the baking powder-brown sugar mixture. Stir the flour and the mixture till no lumps remain. (picture 3)
Step 3: Knead Dough
For those who are not good at kneading dough, here is a video for you to look at.
You can also follow this instuction.
If the dough is a little sticky, you can add some flour.
If the dough is a little dry, you can add some water.
- Take the dough out and put it in the cutting board.
- Fold the dough over onto itself, then push it forward, then fold it again and push again. Repeat the same process until its surface becomes smooth.
- Shape the dough into ball.
- Put the dough into into a pot, and make sure that the pot is covered up so that the dough is seperated from air.
Wait the dough to rise for 2~4 hours until the dough doubles in size.
Step 4: Make the Buns
- Take the dough out from the pot, put it between your palms and roll the dough to make it longer. (Like a cylinder)
- Cut the dough into small chunks and put the chunks in the steamer.
- Cook the buns about 15~20 minitues. If you touch the buns and they are soft and tender, they are done.
- Now enjoy the yummy brown sugar buns!