Last weekend I was looking for a cake recipe and I saw this Brownie Butter cake recipe online and I was pretty impressed with the simplicity of this cake, so I gave it a shot and I am so glad I tried it out.
This cake has 2 layers, top layer is a simple white cake which is soft and spongy and has a very simple flavor. The second is a brownie layer which is very very chocolaty, fudgy and intense. The combination of both together is what makes this cake very unique and worth a try.
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Ingredients and Steps to Required for Making Brownie Base
- 140g (5oz) dark chocolate (broken into pieces)
- 50g (¼ cup) unsalted butter
- 50g (¼ cup) brown sugar
- 1 Egg
- 35g (¼ cup) all-purpose flour
- Grease and line a 10cm x 20cm (4×8-in) loaf pan with aluminium foil.
- Preheat oven to 180C/350F.
- To make brownie, melt chocolate and butter. Remove and leave to cool slightly. Stir in brown sugar until blended.
- Add in egg, mix well.
- Fold in flour, mix until well combined. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes.
Step 2: Ingredients and Steps Required to Prepare Butter Cake Layer
- 120g (½ cup) unsalted butter
- 100g (½ cup) sugar (I reduced by 1 Tbsp)
- 2 Eggs
- 120g (1 cup) all-purpose flour
- 2g (¼ tsp) baking powder
- 50ml (3 ½ Tbsp) fresh milk
- To make butter cake, beat butter with sugar until creamy. Add in eggs and beat well.
- Fold in sifted flour and baking powder, alternately add in fresh milk, mix to form batter.
- Spread the butter cake batter over brownie, bake in oven at 160C/320F for 25-30 minutes or until cooked. Insert a cake tester in the middle to check doneness. Serve warm or cold :)