A quick step by step on one method of transfering a digital image or logo to a piece of metal (in this case the once mighty Dellpod).
You will need:
-a computer with photo editing software
-goof-off or similar solvent
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Printing Your Image
1. Develop your image on the computer. one color logos are easiest.
2. Print this image
3. Place a piece of packing tape over the image on the paper, then place a piece of making tape on top.
4. Remove masking tape and apply it to the object you want to engrave.
Step 2: Engraving Your Image
1. Use your exacto to cut along the outline of your letters or image. This will create line for us to stay inside of while engraving.
2. Color your letters in with a sharpie and remove the tape.
3. Use a dull exacto blade to scratch all of the sharpie marker away.
4. Finally use some goof-off or solvent to remove any residual sharpie left in your engraving.
5. Add a picture in the comments of how yours turned out!
Thanks so much. Check out my other Instructables. This process can be adapted in many ways to suit needs. You can create stencils like this as well!