I feel its costly to purchase IOT from websites. So i plan to build our own IOT web page. When come to IOT the security is more essential, So i use MD5 encryption from PHP to secure the page. With the page i design we able to control lot of devices with seperate user name and password for each device. And access the data with the user name of the device.
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Materials Required
1) PC with web connection.
1) Link IT one board (Or Arduino UNO with WIFI or GSM Module"
2) ESP8266 WIFI module
3) Wifi hot spot of smart phone with internet connection and WIFI hotspot.
4) Power Supply
5) Relay module
Step 2: Find a Suitable Web Site
Use google and Found a free Website hosting web site. Even with limited size is enough for testing. If we want to expand the project then purchase a space from them. I found 000webhost.Com is a nice web site with free database support. Database is very essential when develop a iot webpage.
The program we going to use is PHP with Mysql.
Step 3: Free Signup and Verification
1) Sign up using your email id.
2) After verify email id in your web page.
3) Use mobile send the unique code listed in the page to the given mobile number.
4) Then your mobile number also verify.
Step 4: Create a Website
1) When login the website.
2) Click the + sign on the web site and enter the website name and password of the website, then click create.
3) Your web site created sucessfully.
4) Use Build web site using three options given. I use upload own website. Because i develop a php web site. I give it in up coming pages.
Step 5: Create a Domain
1) Now its time to create your domain name.
2) In the menu click my domains.
3) Then Click add domain in the screen.
4) In the domains page click Add domain.
5) In the Window click free subdomain.
6) Enter sub domain name and click save.
Step 6: Create a Database
1) Create your PHP data base.
2) In the databases click new database.
3) Enter the database name, username and password.
4) Click create.
5) Your database created.
Step 7: Manage Database
1) Create the tables in the database.
2) Create your tables in the php as per your requirement.
3) I given my DB here.
4) Download the local host.sql in the list.
5) Use import in the page to import the tables from file given.
Step 8: Create Iot Pages
1) I given my php files as rar here.
2) Down load the file and change your dbusername, password, db name in config .php file and upload.
Step 9: Upload to Website
1) Down load the pages i given and upload the pages in the upload own web site.
Step 10: Arduino Program
1) Upload the given program in linkit one (or change it for Arduino).
2) Run the kit and found the sensor value posted on in your database.
3) By use the Sensorvalue.php with your domain name u able to see sensor value any where in the world.
4) By use the Switches.php with your domain name u able change the switch status in the kit.
Syntax for each page:
1) To see sensor value
your web domain name/Sensorvalue.php?id=User name in table&pwd=Encrypted password using MD5
2) To change switch status
your web domain name/Switchesphp?id=User name in table&pwd=Encrypted password using MD5&switch=integer in decimal to control up to 10 digital pins.
In the arduino program u want to change the addresses and wifi settings. Also add program to convert received decimal to binary value and change the digital pin status according to the decimal value.
I php I add only basic pages use the coding add plugins like graph for php from net develop pages to view the details in graph. And use image map send the switch status from php page to database to switch on and off the devices.
Participated in the
IoT Builders Contest
Participated in the
Epilog Contest 8
Participated in the
Arduino Contest 2016