Unfortunately i lost the pictures during the building proces but i still want to show what the end result is.
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Building
Total costs was less then 20 euro's:
- Case (https://www.ebay.com/itm/100x60x25mm-Plastic-Electronic-Project-Box-Enclosure-Instrument-Case-JKCA/152816048071?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649)
- Plugs (https://www.ebay.com/itm/Aviation-2-3-4-5-6-8-9-Pin-Plug-Male-Female-Wire-Panel-Metal-Connector-16mm-GX16/263136781471?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&var=562135772726&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649)
- Arduino (https://www.ebay.com/itm/USB-Nano-V3-0-ATmega328-16M-5V-Micro-controller-CH340G-board-For-Arduino/201601613488?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649)
- Ledstrip (https://nl.aliexpress.com/item/1m-4m-5m-WS2812B-Smart-led-pixel-strip-Black-White-PCB-30-60-144-leds-m/2036819167.html)
- Power supply (https://www.ebay.com/itm/Power-Supply-Adapter-Transformer-LED-Strip-2A-3A-5A-8A-DC-5V-12V-24V-AC110-220V/312083678931?hash=item48a9a306d3:m:mGkzWxFWcZ7mqXC8JmSNNHg)
Since i ordered the wrong voltage for my ledstrip i used a 2 dollar buck converter to stabelize the voltage to 5v. For the ledstrip 60 leds per meter and IP30 suffices.
Software i recommend for this:
Step 2: End Result
Prismatik by psieg is future rich. Here is an example of sound reactive and screen grabbing. For the screengrabbing i watched a random Ghost Recon Wildlands gameplay footage of Youtube.
Screen grabbing also works with multiple monitors. You could like me add a second power out to compensate for the voltage drop. Also it is important the ground of the strip is connected with the ground of the Arduino. Otherwise it wont work.