Introduction: Building a Putt Putt Boat
Toy boats bought at stores are not made with the creativity of the operator.
This boat was made by he hands of the user and the user will be proud of the outcome.
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Materials/Items Required
- 1 Soda can
- 2 193mL straws
- Epoxy Glue
- Bathtub Sealer
- Milk cartons
- Foil & Birthday Candles
Step 2: Cut Can
Cut Can so you get rectangle piece of the can.
Fold like a sandwitch
http://www.sciencetoymaker.org/boat/images/boilerPattern.PDF - Print this out
Tape the scale check to the piece of can.
Use scissors to cut the sides.
Fold according to the dotted line.
Step 4: Cut and Glue
Cut straws 1 inch on both ends.
Insert straws in the can piece.
Use epoxy glue to secure folds on the can piece.
Glue straws inside of the can piece
Step 5: Making the Hull of the Boat
- Get a piece of cardboard, and make the boat the way you want it.
Step 6: Putting It Together
- Make hole in the bottom of the boat.
- Stick your can piece so that the straws bend under the boat.
- Glue it together.
Step 7: Priming the Boat
- Put water through the holes.
- Hold ends of straws and flip the boat up and down.
Step 8: Testing the Boat
- Put candle under the can piece of boat.
- Wait up to 2 minutes.
- Light candle, and watch it go.