Happy easter everyone!
I made this bunny pull-puppet as a present for my little nephew's 2nd birthday.
Make your own bunny pull-puppet:
Download .ai file below and lasercut it from triplex 6mm thick.
NOTE: One part of the head needs to be cut out of triplex 3mm thick (the inside part of the head is marked with an X in the file)
6 mm triplex
rope (1,5 a 2 mm thick)
drill 4,5mm thick
Step 1: Prepping
- Print the .pdf file below "bunny-print"
- Cut the bunny-shape and cut the 4 holes.
- Place the template on the inside of the back-part and draw where the holes are.
- Now flip the paper and place it on the inside of the front-part (so it's mirrored!) and draw where the holes are.
Step 2: Drill Holes and Place Sticks
- Drill holes on the 4 spots. On the front-plate and the back-plate. Use a drill of 4,5mm thick.
- Now cut a stick (4mm diameter) into 4 pieces of 13 mm length.
- Glue the stick in the back-plate with wood glue.
Step 3: Assemble Head and Suspension
- Glue the head-piece of 6mm thick.
- Place the suspension inside the gap.
- Glue the head-piece of 3 mm thick, now the suspension is locked.
Step 4: Assemble Arms and Legs
- Tie the rope to the arms and make a knot.
- Connect the arms and legs as seen in the pictures.
Step 5: Final Assembly
- This final part is a bit tricky.. it depends on how 'straight' you've glued the sticks... it may take a little bending of some sticks to fit the parts together. Make sure the sticks also have glue on them.
- Leave this to dry for half an hour with glue clamps.
Enjoy your bunny manakin.