Intro: Burgundy Au Jus Pulled Pork
Pork roast, slow cooked with burgundy wine, beef bouillon, soy sauce, ginger, and thyme. The pork is then shredded and eaten on sandwich buns with BBQ sauce.
- 1 pork shoulder (largest you can find that will fit in your slow-cooker)
- 1/2 cup Burgundy wine
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 Tbsp beef bouillon
- 1 Tbsp dried, minced onions
- 1 1/2 Tbsp minced garlic (in the jar)
- 1 1/2 Tbsp crushed thyme
- 1 tsp ginger
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- Your favorite BBQ sauce (I prefer sweet and smokey)
Place pork shoulder in a slow cooker, fat-side down.
In a medium bowl, mix wine, soy sauce, olive oil, bouillon, onions, garlic, thyme, ginger, salt, and pepper together. Pour over pork.
Cover and cook on low setting for 9 to 10 hours.
Remove bones from roast and as much of the fat layer as you can. Then with two forks, shred the pork into small pieces. The pork will be in a lot of juice.
Use tongs to grab pork out of slow cooker and let the juice drain before serving on hamburger buns with BBQ sauce.