No baby will pull this hat off...its too much fun!
Step 1: Busy Baby Hat
Step One: Materials
- Find a long sleeve toddler tee
- Needle and Thread
- Teething blanket/ toy
Step 2: Busy Baby Hat
Step Two: Cutting
- Cut off sleeves at shoulder
- Cut off body of shirt from one armpit seam to other armpit seam
- Cut off two ends of teething toy (shown is crinkle and teething end)
Step 3: Busy Baby Hat
Step three: Sewing Arms (soon to be earflaps)
- Turn sleeves inside out
- sandwich toy end into the large end of sleeve( toy should be completely inside sleeve)
- sew toy and sleeve shut; Repeat with second sleeve and toy
Step 4: Busy Baby Hat
Step Four: Sewing body of shirt (soon to hat)
- Measure baby's head circumference + 1 inch, cut this length out of shirt body.
- Turn inside out and sew short sides together.
- Using a running stitch sew through top 1/2 inch of entire hat, pull thread to sinch, double sew hat top shut.
Step 5: Busy Baby Hat
Step Five: Putting all together
- 5- turn hat and sleeves right side out. Sew one sleeve in the middle of one side of the hat; Repeat with other sleeve on other side.
- Do not make sleeves so long that they could wrap around baby's head or neck; That is dangerous and could strangle baby.
Step 6: Busy Baby Hat
Step Six: Decorate
- Decorate with baby safe patches and enjoy!
Step 7: Busy Baby Hat
Enjoy, Thanks for looking...