Butter cookies are crisp, crumbly cookies made with only a few ingredients.Butter is what gives these cookies their wonderful flavor.These cookies are delicious plain,but they can also be topped with chocolate ganache.
These butter biscuits are great and fun to make.They'll take about a half hour to make and this recipe will make about 30 small cookies.
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Ingredients
- 120 g all purpose flour
- 35 g powdered sugar
- 100 g unsalted butter (at room temperature)
- 1 egg (medium)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons granulated white sugar (for decoration)
Step 2: Prepare the Cookie Dough
- In a large bowl,cream together the butter and white sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the egg.
- Then stir in the vanilla extract.
- Combine the flour,salt and baking powder.Now,mix the dry ingredients into the sugar mixture.
Step 3: Roll the Cookies Out
- Roll 30 small balls out of the dough.
- place them on a baking tray.
- Flatten them firmly.
- use a fork to make pattern.
- apply egg wash.and sprinkle some granulated white sugar.
Step 4: Baking
1. preheat the oven at 325 degrees F.
2. place the tray in preheated oven for 10-15 minutes or until lightly golden at the edges.
Runner Up in the
Bhawya made it!