Intro: Butter Naan and Butter Prawn Curry
Butter Naan is a butter flavored Indian flat bread. It is served in almost all Indian restaurants and is extremely tasty. This is usually made in tandoor but can also be made in oven or stove top. Here, I have made the naan in the oven.
Butter Prawn Curry is an extremely tasty and rich Indian curry which goes great with Indian breads like rotis, chapatis and naan.
Hope you like it.
Step 1: Ingredients and Preparation Steps for Butter Naan.
Ingredients for Butter Naan:
- All Purpose Flour - 2.5 Cups
- Butter - 2 tbsp for the naan and 2 tbsp for applying on the naan after baking.
- Yogurt - 1/2 Cup.
- Yeast - 1 tsp
- Sugar - 1tbsp
- Warm Water - 1 cup for soaking the yeast and 3/4 cup for kneading dough.
- Salt - to taste
- Mint, Sesame seeds, garlic - for various flavored butter naan.
Preparation Steps for Butter Naan:
- Add yeast and sugar to luke warm water and allow it to rest for 10mins.
- Mix flour, salt and risen yeast from step 1 in a mixing bowl.
- Add warm water slowly little by little until a soft dough is formed.
- The dough will be sticky but that's how it should be.
- Allow the dough to rest for 20 mins atleast.
- Make small balls. Flour the surface and stretch the dough with your hands till its about 1 inch thickness.
- Place it on a greased pan.
- Spread finely chopped garlic/mint/sesame seeds on top for garlic Butter naan/Mint butter naan / Sesame Butter Naan respectively.
- Pre-heat oven to the maximum temperature available. Mine was 525 degree F.
- Bake it for about 15mins.
- Turn it around and bake for 30secs.
- Remove the naans , place it on serving plates, apply butter generously on the naan.
- Enjoy it hot.
Step 2: Ingredients and Preparation Steps for Butter Prawn Curry.
Ingredients for Butter Prawn Curry:
- Prawn - 1 Cup
- Butter - 1/2 Cup
- Onions - 1 Cup
- Potato - 1/2 Cup
- Seasoning Ingredients
- Mustard seeds - 1tsp
- Cumin Seeds - 1 tsp
- Fenugreek Seeds - 1/2 tsp
- Turmeric Powder - 1 tsp
- Coriander Powder - 3 tsp
- Chilly Powder - 1.5 tsp
- Fresh Cream - 1/2 Cup
- Salt - to taste
Preparation Steps for Butter Prawn Curry:
- Wash/clean the prawns
- Chop onions finely.
- Heat a pan. Melt butter.
- Add mustard seeds. Once it splutters, add cumin seeds.
- Add onion and chopped potatoes and cook for 5 mins.
- Add cream and water to the consistency required.
- Cook for about 15 mins.
- Garnish with cilantro and serve hot with Butter Naan.