Introduction: Butter Roasted Split Pea Power Bowl
This butter roasted split pea power bowl is the best of the best among quick, filling and tasty dishes! Packed with protein, good fats and vitamins not only fills you up but gives you the much needed energy boost and provides essential nutrients.
Enjoy our easy recipes!
Visit our new website: www.happyfoodstube.com
So lets get cooking!
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Ingredients:
1 cup Split Pea
1 Large Ripe Avocado
80g (2.8oz) Smoked salmon
60g (2oz) Feta Cheese
30g (1oz) Unsalted Butter
A Handful of Fresh Flat Leaf Parsley
A squeeze of Lemon (optional)
Salt to Taste
Step 2: Directions:
1. Soak split peas in cold water overnight in order to reduce the cooking time. (Apparently it’s not necessary but I do it anyway).
2. Now drain the soaked peas, transfer back into a pot and pour 3 cups of water in. Bring to the boil, reduce the heat and simmer for 20 minutes. Drain the water.
3. In a frying pan, melt the butter over a medium heat. Throw in drained split peas. Increase the heat and roast for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add roughly chopped parsley. Roast for a further 2 – 3 minutes before turning off the heat.
4. For the toppings: Wash & peel the avocado. Remove the stone and cut into slices/cubes. Slice smoked salmon, crumble/dice feta cheese.
5. Divide all the ingredients in 2 bowl and serve warm or cold!
Step 3: Subscibe/Follow Us to Get the Latest Updates:
► Website: www.happyfoodstube.com
► Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/happyfoodstube
► Youtube: www.youtube.com/happyfoodstube
► Google+: https://plus.google.com/+happyfoodstube
► Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/happyfoodstube
► Instagram: http://instagram.com/happyfoodstube
► Twitter: https://twitter.com/happyfoodstube