Hello, and welcome to my first Instructable.
In this tutorial, I will show you how to build step by step a beautiful Butterfly Wall Art. These soaring butterflies are a beautiful addition to any room, especially a baby's!
Hope you enjoy my creation, now let's get to work!
Step 1: Supplies
- Here is what you will need to make this Butterfly Wall Art:
- White Card Stock - 8.5x12 110lb
- Colored Paper of your liking. I used a discarded magazine that had a beautiful grey color with Japanese and Korean lettering on it.
- Clear push pins.
- Silhouette Cameo Machine.
Step 2: Silhouette Studio
1. Open the Silhouette Studio application on your computer.
2. Click design to get started.
Step 3: Butterfly Cut Out
3. Find a butterfly image that you wish to cut out and save the file to your device.
4. Open the file in Silhouette Cameo.
5. Use the outline application to select the trace area you wish to use.
6. Highlight the image you wish to trace.
7. Arrange your images and prepare to cut (I placed 8 butterflies on one page to maximize the paper and obtain different sizes needed for the wall).
8. Send to cut.
Step 4: Butterfly Silhouette
9. Create a silhouette of each of the butterflies for the background. (You may choose to use another colour for the background image).
10. Send to cut.
Step 5: Assembly
11. Once your design has been cut, carefully remove the pieces ready for assembly.
12. I used clear push pins to assemble the two pieces on my wall. No glue needed with this project!
Step 6: Installing Your Wall Decor
13. Arrange your design any way you like.
I chose a funnel-type layout, but the possibilities are endless!
This is a beautiful design you can create for a baby's room. Start your design near and around baby's crib and then let the butterflies fly up the wall and even over to the other side of the room.
Enjoy your creation!
This is an entry in the