Rich...sweet...delicious....and very popular in winter months specially in Northern India..... Carrot Halwa, a traditional Indian dessert with a creamy texture is one of my favorite sweets.
Health benefits of carrots
- Sweet and crunchy carrots are notably rich in anti-oxidants, vitamins and dietary fiber. They provide only 41 calories per 100 g, negligible amount of fat and no cholesterol.
- They are exceptionally rich source of carotenes and vitamin-A. 100 g fresh carrot contains 8285 µg of beta-carotene and 16706 IU of vitamin A.
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Ingredients
- Carrot- 1 kg
- Milk- 300 ml
- Sugar- 400 gm
- Milk Solid(Khoya)- 400 gm
- Dry fruits-100 gm
1 teaspoon Cardamom Seeds
Step 2: Grate Carrots
Wash, peel the skin and grate carrots finely.
Step 3: How to Make
- Mix carrots and milk in a pan, bring to a boil. Cook on low flame for 5 minutes.
- Add Milk Solid (Khoya)and continue cooking on low flame, stirring occasionally, till it dries up.
- Add the slightly crushed cardamoms,crushed dry fruits and mix well.
- Cook for another 10 minutes.
Step 4: Enjoy
Garnish with nuts and raisins and serve hot.
Participated in the
First Time Authors Contest 2016