You will need this material:
- 4 wood plank (24.500" x 6.000" x 0.750" thk)
- 1/2 L of varnish
- 4 stud 5/16" OD x 40" Lg
- 32 nut & washer 5/16"
- 4 eye bolt & rawlplug
You will use this tools:
- Measuring tape
- Power Drill & 3/8" drill bit wood
- Brush 2"
Step 1: Apply Varnish to the Wood Planks
- Prepare your work area - It is important to be a well ventilated area, also it is usefull to lay down some sheets of newspaper to reduce the risk of spilling varnish onto your floor.
- Prepare the wood for varnishing - The wood tables shoud be completely sanded to remove any old finishes and provide a surface for the varnish to adhere to.
- Apply a coat of varnish - If possible use rubber gloves
Allow the varnish to dry - Try not to touch the planks or it will get you fingerprints on it.
Apply the second coat of varnish - For a better finish, you can sand the planks and apply a second coat of varnish.
Step 2: Measure, Mark and Drill
Measure the location of 4 holes, then mark where the holes needs to be drilled.
(each one on the four corners of a wood plank) 1.00" and 1.50" from the edge.
Clamp the material in a work table, when drilling it can grab and spin.
**Be very careful when using a hand drill**
Step 3: Assemble the Rack
**It is too much practice to begin to assembly the two middle levels first**
2nd and 3rd Level
- First of all, you need to screw a nut & insert a wahser in each of the 4 studs.
- The first washer & nut should be like 15 inches from the begining of the stud
- Then insert the 4 studs (with nut & washer) through the holes of the wood plank
- In this step make sure all the studs are aligened to each other
- After that, insert another washer from the side of the wood plank, then screw a nut to tight the wood plank with the washer you just insert.
- Repeat point 1 to point 3 in order to assembly the 3rd level of the rack.
1st and 4th Level
When you have already assembled the 2nd and the 3rd level (in the middle of the rack) continue to assembly the other two wood planks using the four points described, in order to get the 1st and the 4th levels of the rack.
Step 4: Hang on the Wall
- Measure and mark 4 holes in the wall
- Drill the 4 holes and insert the rawlplugs into the holes
- Screw the eye bolts into the inserted rawlplugs
- Hang on the rack and to hook it on the eye bolts
In the end, you only need to fill the rack with your CD's & DVD's.
Enjoy it :-)
Thank you for your comments!