Not exactly automatic but can be used as bolt action or with a simple pull and release with real clips of 6 or ten. The 12 shots maximum are in the handle and this has a true trigger.
These are the two clips it shoots, the mystery has been solved!!!
Also the first grey rod shooter on the sight!
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Finding the Pieces
Light Grey 2
Black nobs 26
2 normal rubberbands
1-3 large rubberbands
Piece count may not be accurate, please tell me the errors.
Step 2: Building All the Parts
BUILD THESE PIECES THROUGH THE PICTURES
1. This is the handle's top view
2. This is the handles side view
3. This is an important part
4. A picture of all the reinforcement plates
5. The trigger parts and other pieces
Step 3: THE FIRING MECHANISM
This is the firing mechanism build it
If the pictures are unclear this is the list of pieces
3 yellow rods, 3 yellow connectors, one spring, 2 rubberbands, 1 grey connector, 7 black nobs,2 orange connectors, 1 red/tan connector (tan is stronger but red should do fine, and 1 white rod
Step 4: PUTTING IT ALL TOGETHER
Connect these following parts together
1. Connect the firing mechanism with the piece shown
2. Connect the following construct with the handle and half a barrel and the piece with the orange clip and the red and blue piece
3. Finish off the barrel
4. Add the side pannels, same on the other side
5. Add the reinforcement panels same on the other side
6. Add the handle plates (not need but will increase the comfortability of your hand unless you have small hands
7. Also add this piece I forgot to add it earlier
Step 5: ADDING THE TRIGGER
Build the following pieces
1. Build this device wiht a string, it will take a little tinkering to get it working, but will get to it later
2. Attach on the barrel frame
3. This another view with the rubberbands
4. Add the small triger guard and attach rubberbands
5. This is the picture of the mechanism fully assembled, attach the grey piece and the trigger piece onto the block trigger. When fully attached it should be slightly tight adjust until it allows the trigger to work.
Step 6: LOADING AND FIRING
Use sticky notes, I have two sizes one for 7 and one for 10. Sandwhich the bullets between the notes.
HOW IT WORKS
When loaded the whole clip will go up. Then the bullet gets pushed up and is shot by the ram, the next time the sheets of paper will come out between the two light grey connectors in the center top of the gun. When the whole clip is finished just discard the notes.
Also you can manually load it in one by one
Pull the slide spring tio the side, then with the other hand take a clip and ram it home. Return the spring then pull back. Click the trigger and watch it fly.
When cocked you should be able to see a bullet slide up and the paper notes should slide out between the sights.
Step 7: My Other Instructables
Please take a look
https://www.instructables.com/id/EM4W5W6ME3EV2ZACC2/#CEBDADIGEK3EYF8M2VR Explosive Knife Thrower
https://www.instructables.com/id/ECGX2R7W5NEV2Z4O0I/ Knex Crossbow
https://www.instructables.com/id/EVW12CKDK8EV2Z4COS/ Heavy Crossbow