Intro: CPO's Simple 8.5 X 11 Tyvek Wallet -- Printable Templates Provided
In this video, I demonstrate how to make your own wallet from an 8.5" x 11" piece of paper. It was designed to be constructed from Tyvek. However, any paper or similar product can be used. In addition to the instructions, I share with you some of the other very awesome designs and how they did not meet my specific needs, causing me to develop my own. My design criteria for this wallet was as follows:
1. It had to be small, compact, and light weight.
2. It had to be constructible from an 8.5 x 11 sheet for simplified printing.
3. It had to be simple and easy to make.
There are other similar designs out there that are also very good, but this is the one I came up based on my personal taste. I think it's simple and very functional.
The tools needed for this project:
1. A sheet of Tyvek or any paper with the dimensions of 8.5" x 11" (standard US Letter size)
2. My template (or follow the template for fold and cut information)
3. Scissors to cut the paper
4. Double sided tape (recommend Scotch permanent -- it works great with Tyvek) AND/OR regular scotch tape -- see video for using the different types of tape depending on your final design desires.
The templates that are shown in the video are available for download from here:
There are three templates in that location:
1. Blank basic template with fold and cut lines
2. Full template that shows fold and cut lines, dimensions, and shows the four faces of the wallet.
3. Sample wallet with a logo on the front, back, inside left, and inside left on the wallet to help you understand how the design looks before and after folding.