Intro: Cable Management Solution
I have lots of cords and cables running from my laptop to behind my desk. The problem is, whenever I disconnect them all to take my laptop with me, they all fall down behind the desk, which is relatively inaccessible. This is a quick fix I came up with in about 2 minutes, so I thought I'd share, since pretty much everyone has the parts laying around.
Step 1: Materials
First, you must gather your materials. Needed are:
1. Two (2) nails of any size except the really tiny ones.
2. One (1) LiveStrong-type rubber bracelet. A thick rubber band will work as well, but then you'd have to wear your über-trendy LiveStrong.
3. One (1) hammer, for nail-pounding.
4. Assorted cables in need of management.
5. One (1) desk which you are able to pound nails into. Check into this before you start whacking things with a hammer.
6. One (1) sense of industriousness, and a true DIY spirit. Probably not a problem since you're already reading this site.
Step 2: Assembly
This is the fun part. First, pound two nails into the back of your desk. I put them right on the top part so my cord-manager is easily accessible. I put my nails 4 1/4" apart, which is about 11 cm for you metric users.
Step 3: Assembly (continued)
Next, put all your cables between the two nails. Finally, stretch your LiveStrong-type bracelet in between the nails, trapping all cables between rubber and desk. I used a Red Sox nation bracelet whcih I got for free and never wore, mainly because I couldn't care less about baseball. Voila! It is finished. Enjoy your new way of life, free of hassle and frustration. Watch as your children grow taller and more beautiful, your grass grows greener and without unsightly weeds, and as your glass is never empty of a frosty beverage.