Hi friends . In this instructable I will show you how to run MATLAB scripts and call MATLAB functions from python code.
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Softwares Needed
- MATLAB version R2014b or above.
- Python version 2.7 or above.
Step 2: Find MATLAB's Root Folder
- Open MATLAB.
- Type "matlabroot" in command window of MATLAB.
- Answer shows the root folder of the MATLAB that you have installed.
Step 3: Install Python API for MATLAB
- Open Command Prompt and change the directory to "C:\Program Files\MATLAB\R2017a> cd extern\engines\python"
- Run "setup.py" in that directory by using this command "python setup.py install"
Step 4: Code
- script.py used to run a MATLAB script named basicsignals.m
function.py used to call the MATLAB function named triarea
Step 5: Output
You will get this output for the script.py file...........
Try it out......................
Participated in the
Raspberry Pi Contest 2017