Introduction: Camping Gear Storage Box
I made this wood storage box to keep all my camping gear in.
It is made from 1 sheet of OSB subfooring, one length of 2x2 and a length of dry wall molding
1. I Measured the size box I wanted which was h = 30" L = 36" w = 23".
2. Then I cut the panels using a circular saw and a straight edge. pic 2
3. I then marked all the screw locations on the OSB panels and drilled holes the same size as the screw diameter. pic 3 & 4
4. First I made the base. I cut one piece of 2x2 for the short side of the base then screwed it in place. Then the same for the opposite end. Lastly I cut 2x2 pieces for the long sides one at a time and screwed them in place.
pic 5 (note: I used truss - lath screws)
5. I now added wheels to the bottom of the base. pic 6 ( note: it's better to put the wheels on last.)
6. Next step was to put the sides on which screw into the base 2x2's. pic 7
7. Put the box on its wheels and marked and cut the 4 side support 2x2's. pic 9 & 10
8. Next I Marked the screw locations on one of the side supports and transferred them to all the sides. Pic 11 & 12 and then screwed the side supports in. pic 13 & 14
9. I now sanded all the edges smooth . pic 15
18. the last step is to put some bumper guards on. I took a length of plastic dry wall molding and cut it to size, one for each side. pic 17 & 18. I stapled these in place and smothed the edges. pic 19 & 20
All Done It works great.
Participated in the