What You'll Need: A five gallon bucket, a few five or eight gallon trash bags, a pool noodle, a roll of toilet paper, and a knife
- First things first, pop the bucket's handle off on one side, slide the roll of toilet paper onto the handle and reattach the handle to the bucket
- Next, line the bucket with the trash bag and tie a knot to make sure the bag is secure on the bucket
- Now, let's take the pool noodle, trace the top opening of the bucket so the pool noodle is laying along the rim
- With a knife, mark the spots on each end where you'll want to cut the noodle so it's the right length and make the two cuts
- Now that the noodle is the correct length, place the noodle on the ground and cut a slit long ways down the entire noodle, essentially 'filleting' it so it opens up
- After creating the opening for the noodle, it should be able to be placed right along the top rim of the bucket
- Once the noodle is securely on the top rim of the bucket, you have yourself a toilet, so go ahead and give it a try...
- And don't forget, always dispose of your waste in legal areas!
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Participated in the
Beyond the Comfort Zone Contest