Anyone can make cupcakes with a candy corn on top of the frosting but I wanted to try something new and create a candy corn inside of the cupcakes. Here are the marvelous results.
Step 1: Ingredients
- Cake mixes (I used two different kinds because my friend wanted to make some for her work as well)
- Vegetable Oil
- Frosting (I used whipped butter cream and chocolate)
- Candy Corn
- Food colorings
Step 2: Directions
- Mix batter as directed on the back of your boxes
- Fill cupcake liners 2/3 rds the way up
- Bake cupcakes according to the back of your box
- When the timer goes off poke a toothpick through the cupcake. If it comes back clean they are done if not then bake for a few more minutes till the toothpick comes out clean
- Remove from the oven and let cool in the cupcake tins for 5 minutes. Then take them off and place on the counter and let cool for an hour or till entirely cool.
- Use your white frosting and divide it up into three separate bowls
- use your food coloring to dye a bowl yellow, orange, and leave the last one white
- An easy trick to put your icing into large plastic baggies is to put them in a cup and with a spatula fill up your bag with the frosting
- To cut open your cupcakes take a sharp knife and at an angle cut around in a circle
- When you are done remove the part you cut up. It should look like a triangle
- Cut the triangle so you have a flat disc top
- Your cupcakes are not ready to put the frosting in them
- Take your bag of white frosting and cut the small tip off. Start to fill the bottom of the whole in a very small amount.
- Take your bag of orange frosting and cut the small tip off. Start to pipe the frosting over the white halfway up.
- Take your bag of yellow frosting and cut the small tip off. Pipe the frosting the rest of the way up and place the small cupcake dist back on top of the cupcake.
- Take another bag and fill it with either white or chocolate frosting and cut a large whole in the end.
- Pipe the frosting over the hole so that it is covered and can not be seen at all
- place a candy corn on top of the frosting and you are finished.
Second Prize in the
Halloween Food Contest