Intro: Canning Chili Sauce
Time: 3 hrs
Makes: 6-8 (32 oz jars)
5 pounds of tomatoes
10-20 hot peppers (as many as you like...I like mine hot)
6 green bell peppers
2 large onions
2 tsp dry mustard
1 tbsp chili seasoning
1 cup brown sugar
2 tbsp horseradish (I used my homemade horseradish)
1 tbsp Celery salt
1 cup apple cider vinegar
1 -28 oz can of tomato sauce
*A sweet and spicy chili sauce
Step 1: Chop, Prepare and Cook
1. Chop tomatoes, hot peppers, onions and green bell peppers.
2. Place in a large sauce pan.
3. Add Celery salt, brown sugar, horseradish, and dry mustard. Set to medium heat and let simmer for 30 mins. stir often.
4. Add vinegar and tomato sauce.
5. Let cook for another hour. Stir often. sauce should thicken up as it cooks.
Step 2: Can and Process
1. Prepare canner, jars, lids and bands.
2. Once chili sauce is ready, ladle into jars leaving 1/2 head space.
3. Process for 25 mins, 5 mins with out the lid.
4. Cool and Store.