This is to show you guys how you could Fix a Autofocus problem if you own a Canon EF-S 18-55 IS Lens.
I had this problem that my autofocus was not working, It was giving me a grinding noise whenever I tried to use autofocus. I did me research on Google and many of the people on forums said it could be jammed and asked me to try the pull method, which would get me out of the jam, but my problem was that I had stripped gears in my lens, So here's how you can fix your Canon EF-S 18-55 IS Lens, if you have stripped gears.
What you'll need :
1. Small Screw driver (to open the lens)
2. Pin or anything that has a tiny bit (to disconnect and connect flex cables)
3. Tweezers (only to move things around)
4. A small box (to keep the screws in)
5. Gears if you plan to replace gears only (search ebay for gears, do not buy the green/white combo, they have a lot of play in between them, buy the black ones)
6. Complete gear assembly if you plan to change the complete assembly thing instead of only gears.
That's all you'll need. Watch the video, everything is in there.
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.