Introduction: Car Amp Install.
In this instructable I will show you how to wire your amp and an alternate way to wire your amp.
Now i did not yet do this in my car yet as of i don't have my license so i why put it in the car if i can't hear it? but i did have it set up my way in my room. I'm just waiting to go to the store now to get a wire kit and a new radio because mine sucks, then ill hopefully post a pictures.
Step 1: Materials
�Correct gauge wire kit for your amp.(http://www.rbeelectronics.com/wtable.htm I hope this page helps you)
�An amp(I would hope you have that)
�Switch(optional, used in my wiring way)
Step 2: Correct Install
1) Disconnect the negative lead from battery(to prevent shorts)
2) Connect you positive wire to the battery.
3) secure the fuse holder about 6in or so away from the battery(don't put in the fuse till the end)
Step 3: Correct Install Cont.
Wiring the amp.
1) After you wire your positive under the carpet all the way to the trunk to conceal the wiring. connect it into the slot on the amp that says "+12"
2) connect the short ground wire to the chassis close to the position of amp
3) connect the other end of the ground wire into the slot on the amp labeled "GND"
4) connect the small blue wire into the slot that says "rem". connect the other side to the back of your car radio. blue wire to blue wire.
5) now put the fuse into the fuse holder u secured under the hood earlier.
6) reconnect the negative lead on the battery and you should have power to your amp when your radio is on.
7) now all you got to do is wire your subs to the amp and run the RCA cables from the back of your radio to the amp.
Step 4: My Way
My way is pretty much exactly the same.
1) wire everything up until you get to the remote cable(rem).
2) connect one end to the slot that says "+12".
3) i ran mine to the front where i added a switch right below my radio.
4) connect it to the switch.
5) then run cable from the switch back to the amp.
6) you then connect it to the slot labeled "rem"
Now you can turn the subs "on" when you want with out having to go through the options on your radio.