This is a sweet version of bacon you can hand hot for breakfast or cold as fingerfood during a party, or the other way round.
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: What You Need
For the wraps:
cornmeal 100 g
water 200 ml
For the "filling":
sugar 90 g
water 20 ml
bacon as much as you like
peanuts as much as you like
Step 2: The Wraps
- Add the cornmeal, the water and the egg into a bowl an mix it until it is homogeneous.
- Put some drops of oil into a pan and wait until it is hot
- And now bake the mass you have mixed bit by bit, as you would do with pancakes
Note: As cornmeal has different properties as wheat flour, the wraps might be brittle a little bit until it has finished baking. So turning it in the pan might be a little bit tricky.
Step 3: Caramelizing Bacon and Peanuts
- Dissolve half of the sugar in half of the water
- Pour it into a pan and heat it carefully
- When the sugar starts bubbling like shown in the picture you can put in the bacon and fry it
- Peel the peanuts and repeat the same procedure with them
- Both, the bacon and the peanuts, are done, when the sugar starts getting brown
Step 4: The Wrapping
On the last step, you put your caramelized bacon and peanuts on the wraps you made before. Then wrap it and fix it with a toothpick. Done.
Participated in the