i made this in response to "cardboard armor", posted by rachel. the front of the helmet was inspired by "nazgul mask for $15-20" posted by Drakz. it isn't perfect, and any suggestion is appreciated. i painted this black for halloween a year back.
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Helm
since the armor is already made, i will only show what it looks like, rather than how i made it. to make it i used a box cutter and packing tape (the clear, really sticky kind in case you have no idea what im talking about). the cover over the face is non-slip drawer/cabinet liners (rubber or silicon, not sure what). the helm itself is made of four pieces of cardboard, the three smaller ones being the top of the helm
Step 2: Cuirass
this is what i consider to be the worst part of this set of armor. while it allowed me some pretty good mobility, the straps in the front broke and came undone. i taped the to the sides, so that it could no longer open. it was much harder to take on and off that way. it uses five pieces of cardboard, 8 if you count the straps.
Step 3: Skirt (if You Will)
the reason i made this was because on my last set of armor, the greaves were way too hard to put on (and stay on). this is much better, as it is easier to make, easier to put on, and provides more mobility. i probably shouldn't have made mine as wide as they are, but it's too late to change that now. i made five plates.
Step 4: Greaves
These are simple, two-piece each leg protection. the pics are pretty self explanatory.
Step 5: Pauldrons
These are a great design; however, they do not cover the top of the shoulder. they are three pieces of cardboard. the pics are of the left pauldron.
Step 6: Vambraces
these are to cover my forearm; these are one piece. pretty simple, and i probably don't need two pictures.
Step 7: End
these next couple of pictures are my armor, my brothers armor, along with a simple, effective adjustment i made to his helm. when i made it for him, it fit too tightly on his head, so i cut vertical slits into the sides of his helm. these allowed it to stretch more, and you don't notice them very much when he's wearing it. you can see these in the last picture. overall, the armor was suprisingly maneuverable, especially around the joints, which was good. the head was the least mobile part of my body. as i said earlier, i need to improve the cuirass. the armor is a tight fit, as i made it a while ago.
Step 8: Storage
one of the best things about this is that you can store it in a relatively small area. just follow the pics in order to see the stacking.