Introduction: Cardboard Coffee Table
I deal with the design of furniture for the motorhome sector in Italy. The work that I present here comes from the growing interest that is being concentrated on cardboard and its derivatives from the world of furniture, design and production.
This coffee table is entirely made of honeycomb cardboard! No fasteners, no glued joints, just friction and slots. With 20mm thick honeycomb cardboard panels, paper templates, and a box cutter, you can make this comfortable and sturdy piece in a few hours.
Step 1: Template
I have provided a template, but you can make your own if you want to get creative.
- You need a With 20mm thick honeycomb cardboard panels. Honeycomb paperboard is a widely used product for various applications. It consists of cardboard plates combined with a honeycomb structure that creates a full-fledged cardboard panel that can have different thickness, weight and consistence according to the final application.The honeycomb is made out of a series of hexagonal cells linked to each other creating a product with the very unique features that are worth to be emphasised.
- The "template" PDF file can be printed to scale and serve as a template that you can stick to the surface and follow with a box cutter.
- The DWG file is a CAD file that can be used for lastercutting or any other CNC cut.
- Print the templates at full scale, 1:1, which any professional print shop that does construction printing will be able to handle. You can either get the prints on cheap bond paper and use Super 45 spray glue to attach them for cutting, or you can print on sticky back material.
- If you don' t use a professional print shop, you can print a templates with your print inkject A4. you can find a template "...print_A4.pdf". This file is made with the technique print poster of acrobat reader.
- the table top can be finished with a 1mm thick laminate panel. On the market you can find very elengant and fun finishes. (laminate pop art)
Step 2: Assembly
Assemble the parts as indicated in the drawing and your cardboard coffee table is made !!!!
Participated in the
First Time Author