Materials that you will need:
- 45 Cardboard sheets 88x60 cm
- 1 Cardboard tube - (3.04in internal diameter / 5mm caliber / 1.6 m long)
- 4 liters of white glue
Tools and software that were used:
- 90x60 laser cutter.
- Adobe Ilustrator
- Cut out the designs using files (pdf.) You will see that the design files have text on them (...veces), the number you see before veces is the times that you must cut out that same file. - You will need to convert them to vectors and then to the right format for laser cutting. (dwg. file is also attached if you want to change the design or see more specific measurements and parameters)
- After cutting, align the different types of cuts that you will see. (Images attached)
- Using the different arrangements, create layers alternating one layer at at a time (Images attached)
- Glue each of the layers and let them dry out for several minutes.
- Cut out three pieces with 45cm of longitude from the cardboard tube.
- Put one of the cut out tubes through each of the circles that the design has.
Participated in the
Cardboard Contest 2017