When you buy any home appliance, it come with, high quality corrugated box, to protect it's contents and Often we throw them away. To recycle / reuse and came up with design and utility.
We are making a Table. Please share your comments if you like it
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: What Do We Need ?
- Large Corrugated box
- Sketch pen
- Steel scale
- Hot glue gun
- Papar tape
Step 2: Design and Cutting
• Corrugated box was 8 mm thick
• Hand draw the based on the template ( image)
• Black line : fold
• White lines : cut
Note : I did not have perfect square box, So took 3" from all sides
Step 3: Assembly
• To add strength ; We will overlap and make triangular joints as shown
• Hot glue the joint and secure using paper tape
• Strengthen top of the table by inserting a new peace
• Using PVA glue or fevicol stick it
I have noticed hot glue is not strong, simple PVA glue is much stronger
Step 4: Tips
- Keep protection below the corrugated box to protect floor
- The knife used to cut goes blunt
- Use PVA glue / fevicol, it is much stronger than hot glue
- Do not use water paint, I left mine with it's natural color