I like to make things with cardboard so this time I thought I might make a cardboard ball.
Step 1: Materials
You will need
- a compass
- a straight edge
- a glue gun
- a ruler
Step 2: The Circle
- Draw a circle, as wide as you can make it on the cardboard.
- Then cut it out
- Finally cut it in half
- Repeat until you have 8 half circles and 1 whole uncut circle
Step 3: The Cutouts
- Cut out a section of cardboard in the center or as shown on the pictures
- Do this for all of the half circles and 2 sides of the whole circle.
- The whole circle should be symmetrical
- 2 of the half circles should also fit into the whole circle to make it seem as if they are 2 intersecting circles
Step 4: Glue
- Glue the 2 pieces that fit into the whole circle as shown
Step 5: The Cutouts Part 2
- Cut out other pieces of cardboard on the whole circle to match the size of the uncut parts of the cutouts except thick enough to slide the pieces in
- Do this for all 6 pieces and the circle should be as close to symmetrical as possible
- The half circles should fit right in to make a cardboard ball
Step 6: Glue Part 2
- Glue all the pieces in to the circle as shown
Step 7: Finished
You are finished!