Introduction: Cardboard + Yarn Letter
I will be showing you how to make a giant letter or small letter covered in yarn. This can be hung on the door of your room so people know its your room, or for decoration or even a fun and easy DIY gift!
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Cardboard
1) You need to find a piece of cardboard and cut it to the size you desire. Then you measure it out evenly, and I suggest using a sharpie to draw the lines.
Step 2: Cutting
2) Cut along the lines of the sharpies to acquire your desired letter shape and size.
Step 3: Yarn
3) Tape down the yarn onto the cardboard far enough down that it will be strong enough to stay, and then it can be covered with the yard when you wrap it around.
Step 4: Wrapping the Yarn
4) Wrap the yarn evenly around the letter, but make sure to not do it too tightly. For the K in the center you must be careful and when it curves you must make sure it stays even.
Step 5: Glue Up the Rest
5) Make sure you glue down any loose or straggly pieces
Step 6: Enjoy
6) hang up your letter and enjoy.