Intro: Carine's Secret Chocolate Pie
In this instructable I'm about to show you an AMAZING recipe of a chocolate pie.
If I have spell or grammar mistakes please don't laugh or something because English is my second langauge :)
I'm sorry I didn't take some pictures because I didn't know I will upload this.
I really like this pie, I made him several times and it was perfect.
So here are the ingredients:
For the crust:
- 200g Butter in room temperature (25° Celsius, 77° Fahrenheit)
- 1 Icing sugar sachet (100g)
- 1 Egg
- 2 Cups flour (300g)
For the chocolate tart:
- 250g Chocolate
- 150g Butter
- 2 Eggs
- 2 Egg yolks
- 1/4 Cup sugar (50 gram)
- a Pinch of salt
For the hot chocolate sauce (optional):
- 1/2 Cup cream
- a Pinch of salt
- 120g Dark chocolate
*This recipe belongs to Carine Goren, a very famous confectioner in Israel.
Step 1: Preparing the Crust
For this step you will need the ingredients of the crust that are mentioned above. Plus you will need a mixer with a Flat Beater. You also need to preheat the oven to 180° Celsius (356° Fahrenheit).
1) Mix the butter and the sugar to create a creamy mixture.
2) Add the egg and a quarter of the flour. Mix.
3) Add the rest of the flour and mix until dough. You don't want to mix too much or you will ruin the texture.
4) Make out of the batter a ball and wrap it with plastic wrap. Put it in the fridge for 1-2 hours, until it's cold and hard.
5) Flatten the dough on a floured baking paper into a circle, a little shorter than the diameter of the pie's sheet pan. Then, with the help of the baking paper, turn the dough and tight it onto the sheet pan.
6) Poke the dough with a fork and bake it for 15 minutes (until he starts to become golden).
Step 2: Preparing the Filling and Finishing the Pie
Preparing the filling:
1) melt together the butter, the chocolate and a pinch of salt. Simultaneously, beat the eggs, the yolks and the sugar for five minutes at high-speed, until a fluffy, bright foam formed.
2) Fold the two mixtures together and pour it into the crust (after the baking of the crust).
Finishing the pie:
3) Bake the pie (yes, pie!) for exactly 20 minutes, at 180° Celsius (356° Fharenheit). You should notice that the filling is soft and cracked. If you don't want the filling to inflate inside the crust, put a wet baking paper on it.
4) Making the hot chocolate sauce (optional) is very easy. You simply boil the cream with a pinch of salt and pour it on the chocolate (I recommend that you will do it in a bowl). Then, stir until it's melted.
- Before you bake the crust with the filling, you can put inside some little surprises, like caramel candy or chocolate chips.
- Of course if you have crust leftovers you can shape them and decorate your pie.