Introduction: Carrot Fry With Grated Coconut
Carrots are one of my favorite vegetable. Stir fried carrot with grated fresh coconut makes it more tasty. Even kids who do not like to eat vegetables will love it.
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Grate the Carrots
- Take about 500 grams of carrots
- peel the skin using a vegetable peeler.
- Wash and cut the ends
- Grate the carrots using a food processor or any grating tool available in the kitchen
Step 2: Ingredients Required
The following other ingredients are required
- One cup of finely chopped onions
- One cup of grated coconut
- Handful of chopped Coriander leaves
- Five green chilies, cut in half
- Handful of curry leaves
- A teaspoon of mustard seeds mixed with split black-gram
- A tablespoon of cooking oil. We normally use rice bran oil for cooking.
Step 3: Preparation Step 1
- Place a frying pan over medium heat and add a tablespoon of cooking oil
- When the oil is heated add mustard seeds mixed with split black-gram
- Once the mustard seeds start cracking, add green chilies, curry leaves and chopped onion
- Cook till raw smell of onion disappears
Step 4: Stir Fry the Carrots With Coconut
- Now add the grated carrots to the pan
- Add salt to taste and mix well
- Once the carrots are half done, add the grated coconuts
- Stir-fry for another few minutes till grated coconuts turn lightly golden brown
- Add chopped coriander leaves, mix well and remove from the stove.
Transfer the stir-fried carrot to a serving dish. This tastes delicious as a side dish with rice and chapati.