This is how I carved my pumpkin. I hope you enjoy!
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Tools Needed
1. Potato peeler
2. Micro screw drivers (flat head, punch)
3. Exacto knife
Step 2: Select Pictures
1. Select any picture that you would like to use.
2. Take it into any photo editor and desaturate the image. (black and white)
3. Next play around with the black and white levels. You need a pure black, pure white, and grey in your images.
4. Print your images
5. Cut your pictures out and place them on your pumpkin.
I used multiple images on my pumpkin.
Step 3: Tracing Images Onto Pumpkin
There are multiple ways of tracing your images onto your pumpkin.
Personally I used a push pin and closely followed every line in the image. So that way you can use your selected tools to cut out your section.
And when tracing out letters I used an exacto knife to cut just through the rind layer of the pumpkin.
Please make sure to pick a comfortable spot to work. I started out on the floor but it didn't take long and I was working at the dining room table. :)
Step 4: Enjoy Your Work
I used a desk lamp to keep checking my work, so you can make sure the depth of your carvings are equal.
Once you are done, hopefully it will bring a lot of smiles to peoples faces.
Hope you enjoyed my instructable.
Participated in the
Pumpkin Carving Contest 2016