And woe staff blz?
My name is Emerson, for 7th edition of Campus Party Brazil, decided to take casemod the Pokemon Lapras.
Videos that also talk about the development process casemod Lapras are in the main gallery :D
The materials that were used are these:
Bond paper 180gr
Glue Instant Adhesive
many Sandpaper Automotive paint
Used Coolers Sources ATX
spoiled I will be describing the steps below summarizes what was done for this project could have been done way.
And again I apologize for the translation by google translate, it may be that a few words of the text does not make sense, more promise I will learn English as fast as possible :D
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Pepakura
Export 3d object that Lapras was .skp format (sketchup 8) to dxf extenssão (AutoCad) was made.
Link 3d File: http://www.4shared.com/account/home.jsp#dir=EnuDXx67
After doing the export, I cared for Pepakura (http://www.tamasoft.co.jp/pepakura-en/) program, responsible for converting 3D to 2D, allowing printing the file on paper.
The paper that was used to print with SULFITE WEIGHT * 180mg.
* The weight is the mass of paper expressed in grams per square meter (gm-2)
After printing, cut out with scissors and pasted with adhesive instant glue so it could well take the form ra 3d again (As seen in the pictures above the main gallery).
Step 2: Hardening Fiberglass and Plastic Massa
So that the paper could not harden and lose their original shape
him, spent three layers of resin to fiberglass, passed once hoped one day and then gave another layer, and so on up to three hands of resin.
Then cut them into several parts: The legs, the hull and neck. So could apply the fiberglass with ease.
I went from glass and resin on the outside and inside fiber, so it would be tight, but with it was also heavier.
Once you have applied the fiber everywhere, they joined with the very fiber glass so that he could spend the putty over and give the finish.
I used the plastic mass of 1kg with liquid catalyst, after applying the paste in small amounts with the spatula, sanded the largest and more easily with sandpaper iron 80 parts and then sandpaper 200 so he could be more polished, and shares with the toughest places to spend the sandpaper, sanded with micro rectifies.
Step 3: Painting
With all he has sanded, applied PRIMER order to prepare for painting.
The paints that were used were synthetic and Automotive, total 5 colors were used, Wolf Grey, Blue Pool, Olympic Blue, Beige and Red Wheat.
For the details of the eyes in black and white, I used spray paint shiny synthetic, I sneezed a bit of paint in a bag and wore the paint with a brush to be able to do the painting, since the eyes would use little ink, bought spray to save power.
Step 4: Hardware Installation
After the finished painting, parts were placed Computer
in, for them to become well accommodated, were arrested with hot glue and adhesive glue, to support the motherboard, I used a base cabinet and the old HD used an old basic notebook as well.
Before Painting, made two holes with a saw-glass front and back so that the cables from the source and the network monitor and could enter also made several holes in front of him in the chest and more holes in his side so he could put the cooler were 2 coolers front air entering and two exiting hot air on the side of the motherboard.
I also made some holes in the roof of his mouth, why put a speaker inside the head that emitted the sound of Lapras, and also another details the power button on the computer, in aloquei Lapras own, you realize it has a kind button in one of the highs of the hull.
Step 5: Final Thoughts
The project took four months to get ready, think it took that
My first time was worked with this material, and thus lost much time with many problems that occurred during the project.
Was spent around R$1.100,00 Reais in the whole project including the base, without the base was about R$900,00 Reais, more could have been cheaper, since I spent a lot of stuff for nothing due to lack of experience kkk.
I know I could have done many other ways, using other best methods and such, plus the next project I will try to spend less material kk and have a better finish: D
I wanted to thank Renato Lauriano here and Alexandre Casemonstro, which were that have helped me with tips and tricks of how it could do and that really helped me, I leave here a very Thank you: D
Any questions leave in the comments there that would be happy to try to take.
Until Next Project \o