This is ridiculously delicious. And made in no time! (well, you do need 3 minutes)
Whether you are a carnivore or not, everybody loves this cream. No excuse not to try this recipe!
It is actually a basic recipe in raw food cuisine. You find many variations online. Eat it just like this or pimp it to your flavor!
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: You Need This
- Cashews, about 1 cup. They need to be raw - not roasted.
- Water, 1 1/2 cup
- The juice of 1/2 lime
- Pinch of salt
And get your blender ready!
Step 2: Soak the Cashews
Pour all your cashews into a bowl. Add water (about 1 cup) until all cashews are soaked.
Let it soak for 8 hours - give or take. If you are impatient as I am, than 2 hours is also fine.
After soaking, drain the cashews and rinse them.
All ready to make the cream!
Step 3: Blend, Taste and Share!
Put the soaked cashews in your blender, together with a pinch of salt, the juice of 1/2 lime and 1/4 cup of water.
If you want a thick cream, add no more water. If you want your cream a bit smoother, add some water little by little, depending on the consistency you like. I ended up adding a bit more than 1/4 of a cup of water, about 3/8 of a cup.
This cream is delicious, just like that.
But you can also add a flavor:
- Nutritional yeast for a cheesy flavor
- A sweetener, like stevia, agave, maple syrup, honey...
- Mint or other herbs
- Grated ginger
- Grated garlic
- Serve this cream as dipping sauce for an aperitif with nachos or veggies
- Perfect as a spread on your toast! Sprinkle with chives or tomato salsa or...
- A creamy side dish for fajitas and taco's
- The sweet version is great as the filling for your pie, decorated with fresh fruit
- ... do you have more serving suggestions? I would love to hear them!