Introduction: Cast Iron Spaghetti
Cast Iron Spaghetti is very quick and very simple to make. With a few easily accessible ingredients and a little bit of time, you can make a delicious dinner for your family and friends. Recipe Below.
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Ingredient List
- 1 lb ground beef
- 8oz thin spaghetti
- 2 cups water
- 28oz can crushed tomatoes
- ¾ cup onion, finely diced
- 3 garlic gloves, minced
- 8oz shredded mozzarella
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ¼ tsp granulated sugar
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- ½ tsp dried basil
- ¼ tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
Step 2: Brown the Ground Beef
- Add the ground beef and cook through
saute the onions, garlic, salt and pepper in the butter and olive oil over medium high heat
- Cook for about 10 minutes
- Drain the excess fat liquid now if necessary.
- Pour in the can of crushed tomatoes, sugar, parsley, basil, and oregano.
- Add in the water and mix until well combined.
- Break the spaghetti noodles in half and add them to the pan.
- Make sure to push them down under the sauce.
- Bring to a slight boil, and cook 9-11 minutes or until pasta is al dente.
- Be sure to stir occasionally to keep the noodles from sticking together.
- Once the spaghetti is cooked, top with shredded cheese and bake under the broiler until the cheese is melted and starting to brown.
Step 5: Plate and Serve
Plate the spaghetti and serve.