Introduction: Change the RDP Listen Port on Windows 7
This instructable's goal is to help those who are looking to change the default RDP listen port on a Windows 7 workstation.
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Open 'Registry Editor'
- Press the button combination of 'Windows Key + R', this will open the 'Run' prompt.
Step 2: Locate the RDP-TCP Registry Key
- Open the root key, HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE (often abbreviated as HKLM).
- Open the key, SYSTEM.
- Open the key, Current Control Set.
- Open the key, Control.
- Open the key, Terminal Server.
- Open the key, WinStations.
- Open the key, RDP-Tcp
Step 3: Edit the PortNumber Value
- Under the RDP-Tcp key locate the PortNumber value.
- Right click 'PortNumber' and choose 'Modify...'.
- Change the 'Base' to 'Decimal', you could also use hexadecimal, but decimal is friendlier.
- Enter the port number for the value data, in the photo above it is set to the default RDP port value of 3389.