This delicious, quick, & cheap tuna veggie soup is a perfect warm and healthy meal recipe for two or a great meal prep friendly option.
Calorie and macro information: 236 calories, 5.6 F, 23.9 C, 6.6 fiber, 9 sugars, 24.4 P
Ingredients: 6oz canned tuna (chunk light) with liquid 2 red chili peppers Raw tomato (~ 62 g) Ginger root fresh (~ 9g) Chopped yellow onion (~ 66 g) Minced garlic (~ 5g) Chopped carrots (~ 100g) Chopped summer squash (~62g) 1 bay leaf 85 g frozen broccoli 85 g frozen string beans 85 g frozen bell peppers Water 35 g or 1.5 oz shredded parmesan cheese Black pepper Dried oregano Onion powder Garlic powder Red pepper flakes
Instructions: 1. Pour canned tuna along with the liquid into a sauce pan along with garlic, onion, chili pepper, tomato, carrots, and yellow squash. Stir at medium high heat for 2 to 3 min.
2. Season with black pepper, 1 bay leaf, and dried oregano. Stir for 30 sec.
3. Pour in frozen broccoli, bell pepper, and string beans. Stir for another 2 to 3 min.
4. Add in just enough water to barely cover the mixture (add water into the tuna can first to get in more flavor). Bring to a simmer and simmer for 5 min.
5. Turn the heat to low and season again with black pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, red pepper flakes, and dried oregano. Mix very well.
6. Turn the heat off and add in the parmesan cheese. Mix with a spoon and let it rest for 5 min before serving.
Hopefully you find this recipe helpful and for more quick and easy dinner/lunch recipes below:
Check out my other health/fitness/recipe videos here: https://www.youtube.com/c/getfitwithmindynow
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.