Intro: Cheese & Bacon Stuffed BBQ Burger Dogs
Bacon stuffed barbequed cheeseburgers, in the handy shape of hotdogs!!!!
Step 1: Things You Will Need
a box of plastic wrap
6 sticks of string cheese or a small block of your favorite cheese ( I used pepper-jack)
6 strips of (Turkey) bacon
2 pounds raw hamburger Meat
4 TBSP Worcestershire Sauce
4 TBSP Barbeque sauce (plus a little more for basting at the end.)
2 TBSP crushed garlic (or 1 TBSP garlic powder)
2 tsp black pepper
2 tsp onion powder
1 tsp salt
1 package of french rolls or large hotdog buns (as you can see in the pic, small buns
might be to small for your liking).
Your favorite burger condiments
Step 2: Seasoning the Hamburger
1. Place hamburger meat in Large bowl or pan an hollow out the center.
2. Place Worcestershire Sauce, Barbeque sauce, black pepper, garlic, onion powder, & salt in hollow area of hamburger.
3. Mix with (clean) hands until everything is thoroughly blended.
Step 3: Wrapping the Cheese
1. Cut the cheese into six individual 4 inch long sticks that are about 1/2 inch by 1/2 inch thick.
2. wrap bacon around cheese until cheese is completely covered.
3. Repeat process until you have six bacon rolled cheese sticks
Step 4: Rollin' the Dogs
1. Place square piece of plastic wrap flat on clean cutting board or work surface.
2. Place 1/6 of hamburger meat in the center of the plastic wrap and smash it down a little.
3. Place a second piece of plastic wrap on top of the hamburger and use a rolling pin (or your hands) to flatten the patty to 1/2 inch thick and about 6 inches by 6 inches wide
4. Gently remove plastic from the top.
5. Place 1 bacon wrapped cheese stick onto the upper middle area of the hamburger .
6. Carefully pull plastic wrap toward you so the hamburger tightly and completely wraps around the cheese stick.
7. Gently press all sides of the rolled hamburger together until the bacon & cheese are fully sealed within. Make sure that it is sealed completely or your cheese will melt out while cooking.
8.repeat until all 6 dogs are wrapped
9. Place in refrigerator for about 30 minutes before cooking. this will help to keep the Dogs solid while cooking. I usually do this while starting the grill.
Step 5: It's Cookin' Time!
1. Place dogs on the grill "against the grain" of the grill spokes. this will make them roll easily without sticking between the cracks.
2. cook each side thoroughly. As one side finishes, roll dog over 1/4 the way at a time.
3. when all 4 "sides" have been cooked, baste the tops of the dogs with BBQ Sauce, then immediately flip dog over and baste the other side.
4. Cook for about 1 minute or so, flip again and cook for another minute or so.
5. Serve in a bun with your favorite burger toppings
*For a different twist of this idea, check out my Hawaiian Style Burger Dogs Recipe!!
*Add sauteed onions or Fried onion sticks in between the bacon wrapped cheese sticks before you roll them all up.
*Cook in the oven with a little sauce, like a mini meatloaf.
* Make you own "stuffing" with your own favorite ingredients, The possibilities are endless!!!